Re: [Opensync-devel] Ubuntu UDS-Boston, Syncing solutions

Hi

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:37:22 +0100
"Pawel Kot" <pawel kot gmail com> wrote:

> I'd like to put few words in here. Similiar information is extremly
> important for all apps of phone manager category (regardless if it is
> based on gnokii, gammu or some other libgsm). In phone managers we
> would need much more detailed information to know which capabilities
> are available to the user. I am already thinking at this topic, so if
> there are already some other thoughts made, I'd be happy to discuss
> (and implement!) them.

Well there is lot of information which would be interesting to know.
Starting on what fields and how much of them does phone support ending
with available options to connect to it. First would be quite useful
for all applications, while the latter for low level configuration of
device (if we can not configure it automatically, user just selects
phone from list and he will get list of possibilities how to connect to
it). I thought many times about starting such database, but I never got
to make it real.