Bust mode limitation

Hi.

I'm wondering why Cheese's Burst Mode is limited to 100 photos. I've been researching setting up a simple surveillance system using a webcam. I am presently using Motion, but that seems like overkill, as I only have one camera I want to deploy. Cheese would be ideal for this solution if there were an option to allow Burst Mode to operate continuously.

My apologies if this is not the proper place to post a query on this topic.

Thanks.

Rich

--
"The most damaging phrase in the language is, 'We've always done it this way.'" - Grace Hopper