Re: About Cheese in General...

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Martin Owens <doctormo gmail com> wrote:

>> Not chatting with cheese, but using cheese effects in video chat,
>> while having nice cheese interface to choose efffects is the goal.
>>
>> that Idea ones inspired me to make v4l2 loopback driver and simple
>> v4lsink for gstreamer and I am interested is it possible to integrate
>> v4l output of resulting video to cheese, so that skype or other v4l
>> programms could use effects selected in cheese.
>
> Wouldn't the best course be to make all the effects a sperate package
> which allows a v4l stream to go through, then it doesn't matter what the
> program is and you reduce the code base in cheese.
>
> Regards, Martin

Effects are already in a separate package from cheese - they are just
gstreamer effecttv filters.
And cheese is just a effect selector and gstreamer pipeline builder,
and it would be nice to use this interface.

my v4lsink in fact can send to loopback device everething that cheese
can and more, but user have to specify pipeline string on his own.

Vasily Levin