Re: [Builder] Build system for not compiled languages

On 10/19/19 6:49 AM, Matheus Saraiva via builder-list wrote:

I did create a python projet with |gnome-builder| using the |Gnome Application| template. I realized that the template builds the entire project structure and adds build capabilities using the meson build system, so I was curious. Why use build system for languages that are not compiled like python?

GNOME applications need things like settings, translations, documentation, embedded resources, and more. Furthermore, Builder needs to be able to introspect on the project to glean enough information to provide additional assistance to the developer.

GNOME uses meson, and so our GNOME template for all languages follow that convention.

-- Christian