Re: port Brasero to opensolaris

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Lin <cn linma gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Brasero gurus,
>
> I am Lin Ma working for Sun, my recent job is to port Brasero to
> opensolaris. Brasero is a great tool, I'd like work for it. So I will really
> appreciate if you have any comments and suggestions for me. That will help
> me a lot.

Hi sure we will try to help you.

> I have two questions now.
> 1. I currently found Brasero supports two scsi backends, one is for Linux,
> the other is for Freebsd. So my question is what purpose the scsi backend
> is. It seems it is used to get some disk/medium information, right?

Yes the scsi backends are needed to push information from kernel to
manage medium
that will pass through the rest of the code to make brasero working.

> 2. I noticed from 0.7.90 and above (including the trunk), Brasero
> burn-normalize plugin depends on gst-plugin-bad. I think gst-plugin-bad is
> not included in many Linux disto (opensolaris either), do we really need
> this dependency, is there any other methods to implement the same
> functionalities?

The normalization plugin was a request and a good feature for audiocd's. We use
gstreamer because it's well integrated on gnome desktop and this way
we don't need
cdparanoia to do the job. But i think we can make this feature
optional at build time.

> Thanks,
> lin

Cheers