Re: Test time spent sleeping

   Hi!

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:04:27PM +0100, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> I've identified a problem in the audio test framework: for a standard test in
> tests/audio, a lot of the time it takes to run the test is spent sleeping...

So this should be fixed now. The main problem was that although a running
project does automatically deactivate when its done playing, there is a default
time (of 3 seconds) it will wait until it does so. With the null driver, that
means a lot of zero samples that will be produced before the deactivation kicks
in, hence the huge file sizes I mentioned in the last mail.

Adding

  (bse-project-auto-deactivate project 0)

to bse2wav.scm fixed that problem. BEAST uses a similar call to set the auto
deactivate time for a project to 0 before play. So then I could remove the
g_usleep call for the audio tests, by supporting -p null=nosleep as an option
to disable sleeping. The final result is that audio tests used to run in 1:15
and now take 0:27 on my machine, so its quite an improvement.

Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan