Re: TIMEOUT MERGE: bug-612281 (high frequency arfifacts for 96kHz samples)

   Hi!

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 09:58:06AM +0200, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> TIMEOUT MERGE TIMEOUT MERGE TIMEOUT MERGE TIMEOUT MERGE TIMEOUT MERGE TIMEOUT MERGE
>
>    Hi!
>
> Please merge:
>
> repo:   http://space.twc.de/public/git/stwbeast.git
> branch: bug-612281
>
> bug report: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_id=612281
>             612281 - bsewave playback introduces audible high frequency artifacts
>
> commit log:
>
> Author: Stefan Westerfeld <stefan space twc de>
> Date:   Wed Jun 2 10:24:38 2010 +0200
>
>     Make gslwaveosc work for 96k samples (fixes bug #612281).
>
>     For a 96k sample, using a filter transition from 18kHz to 24kHz is not optimal
>     because this transition band is quite steep, and thus the stopband ripple will
>     be quite high. However, for a 96kHz sample we can set the start of the stopband
>     to 48kHz, which results in a less steep filter, and better stopband rejection.
>     This change improves stopband settings for any wave file with a sample rate >
>     48 hHz.
>
> Thanks.

This patch would be mergeable right now by the timeout rule. However while
doing a SpectMorph evaluation, I've found out that it triggers an assertion in
the filter design code, so the patch is probably incorrect. I'll try to figure
out what has gone wrong and send a new merge request.

Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan