modules

After a few days of real life I found time to think about some very simple
modules I'd really like and I think would be quite useful.

_First_ of all I have some problems with long lasting sounds from sustaining
ADSRs. That would be easy to fix with a "DONE"-module.

This module simply has a signal in and a DONE-out. As parameters are two:
timelasting and treshold. If the signal is below treshold for a minimum of
timelasting it fires a DONE (1). Maybe the treshold could be implemented as a
second input, not just a parameter - that opens some more variations for this
module.

Should be easy and fast to implement and should have MUCH worth for the
current instruments and playing MIDI-Demos (Chopin for example). I will
simply use it as a "this sound is silent so kill it"-Module.

_Second_ I'd like to have a ON/OFF parameter in every module. This switch will
be useful with more complex synth-designs that use parameter-change
(program). I can switch that module off by default so it has not to be
calculated. With some testdriving on a AMD2400 this weekend I discovered that
the piano-synth uses a huge amount of calculation time. With the more complex
synths I have in mind we would without this come to an end with the
flexibility of our synth. I am with only 8 voices at the end of a AMD2400
even with the piano-synth only. There is only one type of OSC in that(!).

_Third_ I'd really like some modules for logic processing. Shure, I can do
this by multiplication, addition and amplifing. But I think that uses to much
calculation time, a simple AND, OR, XOR, NOT should be fine. Thats for
signals like DONE 0/1 and for some logic. A flipflop and some other basic
booleans should be useful too. I didnt work that out. I can only say that in
near future I'll need the booleans.

_Fourth_ a module that is a simple ON/OFF switch for signals. IN, OUT and
CTRL. CTRL is 0 or 1. This I can also do with amplifiers but it costs too
much time. I dont want to ampify, just ON/OFF (Signal through/Signal Zero).

I'd like that you think about if it can be done.

with best regards
Hanno