Re: [Banshee-List] Consistent crashing, definitely after playing one song, sometimes sooner

On 03/23/2017 03:19 AM, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
This just started happening tonight/this morning. Banshee crashed out of
the blue, and now consistently crashes after playing one song, sometimes
sooner. Some kind of integer overflow, it appears?
[...]
Unhandled Exception:
System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an
Int32.
  at System.Convert.ToInt32 (Int64 value) <0x7f0c916e0fe0 + 0x0004e> in
<filename unknown>:0
  at System.Int64.System.IConvertible.ToInt32 (IFormatProvider provider)
<0x7f0c91743e90 + 0x00012> in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Convert.ToInt32 (System.Object value) <0x7f0c916e0ca0 +
0x000c4> in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hyena.Data.Sqlite.HyenaSqliteConnection.Execute
(Hyena.Data.Sqlite.HyenaSqliteCommand command) <0x40afc240 + 0x00047> in
<filename unknown>:0
  at Hyena.Data.Sqlite.HyenaSqliteConnection.Execute (System.String
command_str, System.Object[] param_values) <0x40afbbc0 + 0x00057> in
<filename unknown>:0
  at Banshee.SmartPlaylist.SmartPlaylistSource.Refresh () <0x40c1b8a0 +
0x00247> in <filename unknown>:0
[...]

I managed to work around this bug, whatever the heck it was. I deleted
stuff I could identify as "junk" in the database: CoreRemovedTracks,
CoreSmartPlaylistEntries, CoreShuffles, CoreShufflers,
AnonymousUsageData. Deleting all the INSERT INTO commands after CREATE
TABLE in a database dump, then making a fresh SQLite database, appears
to have gotten rid of the crashing. Prior to this, I deleted most of my
configuration as well, and even logged out of Last.fm and back in, and
temporarily disabled scrobbling with no luck.

So, somewhere, something is becoming a value too big for a 32-bit
integer that shouldn't be. Of particular concern is that I have the
debugging symbols installed and I still got <filename unknown>:0 all
over the backtrace as shown. I still have a backup of the database that
would cause Banshee to crash if there is information out of it someone
wants.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn rushpost com>
http://www.rantroulette.com