Re: [Banshee-List] Trouble Building Banshee on Linux Mint (Again)

Nicholas,

Thanks for the pointer. Have had a quick look (as in 30 mins of looking and reading) and have a lot to learn about autoconf before much makes sense to me. What the heck is shamrock?

Leaves me wondering alas if all the Banshee developers and contributors are old hats at it, have had the dev environments and build streams set up for long time (pre Mono 2!) and if not, how noobs since then have actually installed and got running with a working build? I may hack around as time permits, but time is scant alas, and the main driver that motivates me perhaps is learning more about autoconf and its ilk as a general background skill.

Regards,

Bernd.

Nicholas Little via banshee-list wrote:
Hi Bernd,

That's some nice shell foo. In configure.ac you'll find:

SHAMROCK_CHECK_MONO_2_0_GAC_ASSEMBLIES([
    Mono.Posix
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
])

You'll probably have to do some hacking around in the build subtree,
which contains all the macros used by autotools, in order to get it to
work - specifically take a look at
https://github.com/GNOME/banshee/blob/master/build/m4/shamrock/mono.m4

We could probably look at updating some of these dependencies as I
think some distributions are dropping Banshee through build
difficulties - Gentoo appears to be anyway so feel free to share a
patch when you get up and running.

Good luck.

Yours,
Nicholas