[Banshee-List] High CPU editing metadata

Hello, I have a lot of smart playlists -- over 70. When I edit the metadata
for a file, the numbers next to smart playlists flicker and banshee CPU
usage surges to over 150%.

I'm assuming this is because there are so many smart playlists, and Banshee
needs to recurse through all of them to determine if they need to be
updated. Is this the likely reason? If so, is there a way to get around
this? Maybe I can set smart playlists to only update manually, or when the
program starts.