[Banshee-List] Banshee not updating MP3 tags

I right click on a song, click on "edit tag info", change some things, and
click "save". The info I have changed appears to have "taken".

I close Banshee and immediately reopen it. The changes I have made still
seem to be there.

I do an "edit > select all > remove from library", then immediately do a
"tools > rescan library" and the changes have disappeared, i.e. the original
information is back.

I have tried it with multiple files, one file, different fields (genre,
artist and title)
I have NOT gone into to change the library location ( I only have the music
in one directory on my computer, anyway) between library reloads.
I am using Banshee 2.0.0 under Umbuntu 11.04

Since I can't find any reference to this problem listed, I assume it's an
operator head-space problem. Any ideas????