Re: [Banshee-List] Sync to Folder / plans for Dap on Mac OS X?

On 09/16/2011 02:58 PM, Timo Dörr wrote:
Am 16.09.2011, 15:05 Uhr, schrieb :
Having your work in BCE is great, better than nothing and a lot of
users will appreciate it if it gets bundled/packaged as soon as
possible. But the longer term solution is start merging your code
with the Banshee.Osx.dll to make it work out of the box in
Banshee.Core, like it does for other platforms.

I think I will go for the BCE approach, as its already functional even
so i duplicated some code.

I just tried to build banshee on mac os (so far I developed within a
linux virtualbox instance and just copied over the .dll into the mac app
bundle) but bockbuild hit 2 errors which are 404 related when trying to
fetch sources which are not available anymore (pixman 0.21.6 not
available from http://cairographics.org/releases/ and missing
patch-child-test.c.diff for glib-2.28). So I guess bockbuild definetely
needs some rework first and I've stopped building at that point.

There have been some forks of bockbuild recently that may have fixed this problem. I would ask Bertrand or David N. about it. But filing a bug about it doesn't do any harm either.

Additionally I'v taken a look at the Banshee.Dap Code with monodevelop,
and I think it's a major task to get it working with mac os x, but right
now I do not have the time and experience in banshee/MacOS to take over
this task.

As I said, Banshee.Dap wouldn't be where you would work, but Banshee.Osx.dll, which is half-done. Have you taken a look at that one?

I will clean the addin up a little, do more test and then eventually
submit a code review / pull request to gitorious.

Sounds great. If you're out of time we may get contributors that step up and look at your code to try to merge it with the core. At least this is better than having no sync in Mac at all! If you hang out on IRC, at least potential contributors would be able to ask you questions :)

Cheers,

  Andres