Re: [Banshee-List] 2.2.0 in Lucid PPA

2011/10/31 Noah Duffy <n milo duffy gmail com>:
> I'm one of those still running Ubuntu 10.04.  Mostly because I'm a
> supporter of the LTS releases and also because I'm waiting for Unity
> to mature a little more.  One of the downsides to this is the lack of
> current applications.  Most are not a problem, but I do love using
> Banshee and I love staying current with it!
>
> I've noticed that the Lucid PPA does not contain 2.2.0, but has the
> 2.0.x release instead.  Does anyone know if this will be coming?  Is
> it a fact of too many old libraries for it to run?  If that's the
> case, I'm guessing I would have one heck of a time trying to build it
> from source on my machine as well?

You are right the libraries are insufficiently up to date, generally
we only support distributions going back around one and a half year.
That allows us to drop workarounds for bugs and depend on modern
functionality.

There should be bundles available for distributions that do not
provide the foundation Banshee needs. You can obtain a 2.2.0 bundle
here:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/linux/banshee/

You should also generally consider updating your Mono using
badgerports to get a supportable modern version.

http://badgerports.org/

- David