Re: [Banshee-List] Trying to build banshee in Ubuntu 11.10

On 06/10/2011 17:05, tjoen wrote:
> ovangle wrote on we 05-10-2011 om 20:08 [-0700]:
>
>> I= had to get Mono.Addins 0.6.2</div><div>because the package in the
>> ubuntu r=epositories is still 0.6.0, so that problem
>> is=C2=A0</div><div>fixed. Of co=urse now I&#39;m getting a thousand
>> more errors when I run make run,=C2=A0<=/div>

>    dbus-sharp-0.7.0
>   dbus-sharp-glib-0.5.0
>    gtk-sharp-2.12.10
>   gnome-sharp-2.24.2
>   gudev-sharp-1.0-0.1
>     sg3_utils-1.30
>    podsleuth-0.6.7
>   ipod-sharp-0.8.5
>   libgpod-0.8.0
>   mono-gkeyfile-sharp-0.1
>    gio-sharp-2.22.3h
>   mono-gtk-sharp-beans-2.14.1
>   taglib-sharp-2.0.4.0

This is incorrect. Please revert your mono-addins to the version from the
repository. That version should work fine, and Banshee 2.2.0 which is present in
the repository is built against that.

Firstly, the issue, as gnomeuser pointed out, is related to you compiling
Banshee with the CLI 2.0 runtime (the default in Banshee's build system,
unfortunately) as opposed to the CLI 4.0 runtime.

To get Banshee compiling on Ubuntu and Debian, run autogen.sh or configure with
an extra argument: MCS=/usr/bin/mono-csc, like:

./configure MCS=/usr/bin/mono-csc

or

./autogen.sh MCS=/usr/bin/mono-csc.

To summarize:
 - The compiler for CLI 2.0 is gmcs.
 - The compiler for CLI 4.0 is dmcs.
 - /usr/bin/mono-csc is a Debian/Ubuntu-specific symlink found in the
   mono-devel package to the default C# compiler (on Natty it's gmcs, on
   Oneiric, it's dmcs).
 - MCS is the variable in Banshee's build system containing the compiler to
   execute. This defaults to gmcs.
 - On Ubuntu 10.10 (Oneiric), everything is compiled against CLI 4.0.

Don't forget to "make clean" after the configure step before recompiling -- all
your dll's and exe's need recompiling as well.

I think we need an FAQ entry for this.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin