Re: [Banshee-List] Need help with libgpod

2011/11/16 Nelson Marques <nmo marques gmail com>:
> Red Hat doesn't package Mono, about Fedora, I'm not following their
> work, they aren't providing a lot of things, I've based my stuff on
> the upstream work for openSUSE. It's mainly huge spec work.

Having been the previous Banshee maintainer for Fedora I would
recommend not using the Fedora Mono spec as a base. It is fairly
non-standard, e.g. things are split in arch dependent lib dirs which
makes packaging applications burden.

I recall openSUSE providing a good base Mono for RHEL once upon a time
via OBS, I would recommend using that. It will save you a ton of pain
and be more in line with packaging as recommended by upstream and as
found in other distributions.