Re: [Banshee-List] Shared database

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 11:35 AM, TiberiusT <tiberopoulos gmail com> wrote:
> I then tried sharing the server’s db, by starting banshee in terminal at the
> client end with
>
> banshee --db=/path/to/banshee.db

That doesn't work. The banshee.db can only be used by one process
at any time - even on the same machine and the same user.
That's not an inherent restriction of the (SQLite) banshee.db itself, but
banshee isn't prepared to deal with concurrent access.

> Can someone tell me if what I am trying to do is possible?

AFAIK, not with current Banshee. Instead of DAAP you could use UPNP
(by installing a UPNP server, e.g. rygel or mediatomb) to share tracks
and playlists (not sure about radio stations), but Banshee doesn't
implement a UPNP client (yet).

Cheers, Roderich