Re: [Banshee-List] Set id tag properties by device when synching

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Marcelo Coelho <marcelocoelho gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an archos 605wifi which i have managed through banshee and the
> .is_audio_device file. The problem is that banshee has sync'ed my
> mp3's, flac's, ..., with ID tags other that IDv2.3 ISO8859-15. Archos
> doesn't recognize the id tags, completely messing the files. Is there
> an option of the .is_audio_device file that allows to set what id
> version to be used? I searched for it's documentation, but it was
> stored in an inacessible wiki... :(

The documentation for the .is_audio_player file is now available here :
https://live.gnome.org/Banshee/CommonQuestions/IsAudioPlayerFile

But there is currently no way to specify the encoding for the ID3 tags.

ID3v2 supports several encoding, indicated by the first byte of each
text frame :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3#ID3v2
So you might to check whether your tags are correct, and if they are,
blame your device ;)

--
Bertrand Lorentz