Re: [Banshee-List] Compiling under windows

On 14 January 2011 02:14, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
> Yeah, basically that stuff.  I think ideally we'd like to bundle
> gtk+/gtk# and gstreamer/gst# in our installer so that users can
> install just one thing (Banshee) and go.

I agree with Gabriel, bundling dependencies is the way to go.
Installing them separately is asking for trouble. Storage and
bandwidth is cheap enough these days to accommodate a few extra
megabytes.

> I'd previously looked at
> using Wix for making the installer.  Alexander used it on his other
> project: http://gitorious.org/spek and was able to bundle Gtk+ and
> GStreamer using it, I believe.

That's correct, except Spek switched over to FFmpeg. I can actually
work on the WiX installer once Banshee for Windows is at least alpha
quality and usable by non-technical users.

Cheers,
Alex