Re: [Banshee-List] Fail to control playback from terminal

rvernucio wrote:

> gnomeuser gmail com wrote:
>>
>> Obviously that is a bug but 1.6.1 is rather old, can you please try with
>>

> It's a bit difficult to install a newer version of Banshee in Debian, it
> would end up messing up all system dependencies, because a new version of
> Banshee would require a lot of other packages upgrade, that would require
> other packages to be upgraded too and so on. I prefer to try to fix this
> version. Besides, it could be an OS related problem and a newer version
> wouldn't work too.

I just checked the same commands in another computer under the same Banshee
version and the same Debian Squeeze, and it worked just fine there. The
problem is some configuration in my computer, so upgrading to another
version would be of no use.