Re: [Banshee-List] Editing MP3 Tag's

I think it makes sense either way - Banshee's "you have to select multiple to edit multiple" means that you're not confused by filtering etc and you make it explicit, plus it makes the "sync all values" easier to work with, but the other way does mean that you don't have to think what you start editing on before you edit.

As for replicating to all tracks, there is also a "Sync All" button at the bottom of the Track Editor dialog, which will sync all of the values with the "sync" button next to them (the icon that looks like two sheets of paper). That will duplicate the following to all selected tracks: artist, album, genre, disk and year for normal albums, or compilation artist, album, genre, disk and year for tracks on a compilation where the "Compilation Album Artist" option has been ticked.

Also, note that "Properties" is different to "Track information". The former is about the file on disk (file path, modified dates, codecs, etc) where as the latter is about the tags within the song (album, artist, year, etc)