Re: [Banshee-List] "Album Artist"

What Tatemz says and probably the most widely used app (iTunes) implements is
the only logical thing to do. Yet Banshee tries to reinvent wheel in its own
way, as a square.

All the artists of my compilation albums unnecessarily populates (clutters)
the narrow field left of album browser and most of those names don't mean
anything to me as I only remember the titles of those compilation albums.

The other issue, the sorting of albums by album titles instead of album
artists in the cover art view, is much more troubling. I've got around 1000
albums and I'd like to browse my library with this visual clue and you
expect me to remember the titles of all those albums? I've got 12 Yes
albums, 15 Caravan albums, 15 Renaissance albums and so on. And I've got 50
Bach albums (I had replaced composer tags with album artist tags when I've
ripped my classical CDs), 35 Vivaldi albums, 30 Beethoven albums etc. And I
hardly remember the generally useless title of any one of them. I know and
remember the titles of some works. In Banshee's cover art view all those
albums of Yes, Caravan, Bach, Vivaldi etc. are scattered all over the place.

As an example, the titles of the first six albums in my cover art view are
"12 Concerti..." by Vivaldi. And the other 30 Vivaldi albums are scattered
who knows where. Have you seen any music shop or any library in any place in
the whole world like that? Have you yourself, before the time of digital
library, put your CDs or LPs or books like that?

Simply unbelievable.