Re: [Banshee-List] Feature Request: Simple Now Playing Visulization

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:01 AM, tachi91 <hakuchi18 gmail com> wrote:
> When I First opened up Banshees "Now Playing" I thought Visualization.
>
> What I ask is that it be very esthetically pleasing In my opinion for those
> Audios Bars that react to the Audio being played to be shown at the bottom..
> Not really fancy kinda like the Zune Player in Windows that through out the
> UI while music is playing it shows a spectrum like visual in the bottom
> nothing "In your face" sort of speak kind of effect.
>
> http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/file/n3769965/player-2.jpg
>
> I Ask this because While Music is Playing it just shows the Song and the
> Album Art I know its more for Videos but while its just a Song or audio file
> its blackness. I know I Say simple while in the background it would require
> a lot of coding and changes overall.
>
> http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/file/n3769965/banashe_after.jpg
> http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/file/n3769965/banshee2.jpg

I like the idea of combining album art with visualizations

You'd probably be interested to know about the OpenVP extension, which
is part of the Banshee Community Extensions. It adds several
visualizations that are displayed in "Now Playing", and provides a
framework to make adding new visualizations relatively easy.

You can find the code here :
http://gitorious.org/banshee-community-extensions

--
Bertrand Lorentz