[Banshee-List] force conversion when syncing devices

Hello,

today I wanted to copy many new music on my Archos MP4-Device.
Usually I converted most my music manually and copied it on the
device. But this isn't really a comfortable way so I decided to try
syncing using Banshee.

My question is now, if there is a way to force banshee to convert
music into the selected format instead of only copying large files
onto the device?
And, another question would be, if it is possible to adjust the
sound level during this conversion?

Thanks in advance!
Robert