[Banshee-List] I can't possibly be the only one....

After getting limited use of my digital music library over the last few years,
I've finally drummed up the motivation to make it readily accessible to myself
and my family. It has turned into a slightly maddening effort, however. I'm
hoping that I'm just overlooking some simple, otherwise obvious, solution.
Here's a quick rundown of the existing layout...

1. All music is stored on a central server that is accessible via smb and webdav
shares. I have no problem running other network services to make this work.
2. The central server is a media center (video) also.
3. The media server doesn't do a great job of playlist management so it's not
used for that.
4. Along with music occasionally being played directly from the media center, it
is sometimes streamed from one of the 5 other laptops/workstations in active use
around the  house. These systems area mix of a linux and OSX (yes, my wife and
kids use linux and have been for many years!).
5. The various machines are not dedicated to a particular user - they are used
by all family members at various times, although we do log in to our own
accounts on each machine.

The problem...
Playlist synchronization. It is important to note that we have two android
devices that I'm trying to bring into the mix too. Due to space restrictions,
the androids must only sync music contained within the playlists. I'm aware that
banshee already supports this but I thought I'd mention it for the sake of
thoroughness.

Is there a way to automatically store (no manual exporting every time a playlist
is altered!) playlists in a central location and configure banshee (at least) to
grab it on startup?

I don't want to have to set up an NFS infrastructure for home directories. I
just want some simple way of configuring banshee or some other client to look at
the media server in order to get its playlists. Thoughts?