Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee crash on Startup (AppleDevice)

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM, rmotters <rmotters hotmail com> wrote:

> Banshee Version: 1.8 (from the stable PPA)
> Linux version:      Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (lucid)
>
> I logged a bug in Launchpad (#654469)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/654469
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/654469  about this
> and I am beginning to think it was the wrong place.
>
> Basically, Banshee is crashing on my Desktop machine just after the main
> window appears.
>
> Excerpt of the log from $HOME/.config/banshee-1 is:
>
> [Info 09:11:19.198] AppleDeviceSource is ignoring unmounted volume 21 GB
> Filesystem
> [Warn 09:11:19.201] Caught an exception - System.InvalidOperationException:
> Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object (in
> `Banshee.Dap.AppleDevice')
>  at Banshee.Dap.AppleDevice.AppleDeviceSource.DeviceInitialize (IDevice
> device) [0x00000]
>  at Banshee.Dap.DapService.FindDeviceSource (IDevice device) [0x00000]
>
> The 21 GB Fileystem that it just ignored is a NTFS Windows XP partition,
> that I rarely use, nowadays.
>
> Banshee 1.8 is working on a VM and my laptop fine.
>
> If you want me to open an upstream bug I will do so, otherwise I have
> attached the full log to the bug report on Launchpad.net.

I've just commented on the bug in Launchpad.
It looks like it's a bug in an underlying library, so no need to open
an bug in our bugzilla.

The message you pasted are expected and ahve nothing to do with the
problem : the hardware support just looks at the hard-drive volumes in
the system to check if they're not an Apple device.

In this case, it turns out opening a bug on Launchpad was the right
thing to do, as the problem is probably not in Banshee, but in an
other part of Ubuntu. It's just that your bug report was not triaged
yet.

--
Bertrand Lorentz