Re: [Banshee-List] .is_audio_player GUI

On 03/29/2010 04:37 PM, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/media-player-info/

Just to be sure that i understand all of this. I basically understand
udev (it adds devices under /dev depending on some rules). So am I
correct that the media-player-info package gives more information
through udev-rules to the system?
However it seems (to me) that Banshee does not (yet?) use this info?
So if this correct:
- It would be nice if the Gui has a button to send a configuration to
the media-player-info maintainers (if banshee uses or will use it
ofcourse)
- I wrote a patch to allow users to overwrite default settings on
MassStoreDevices with a .is_audio_player. However this
media-player-info package got me thinking, wouldn't it be more correct
to add a method of customizing on that level (so it would be used by
other projects as well)?

(sorry for breaking the mail thread, i seem to be having some problems
with my main mail-account)
Jeroen

--
blog: http://budts.be/weblog/ - home: http://lightyear.be