[Banshee-List] Use of ReplayGain

I have just ripped a new album and found the volume is low, so I have investigated a little about ReplayGain, but I would like to ensure what the behaviour of Banshee is, and what you recommend me.

I have analysed this album with "vorbisgain" and it writes some new tags. Then, I have rescanned my library and played this album, and I see in the log that Banshee uses the values on these tags, and even calculates some kind of "user gain", that I don't know what it is.

I was going to do the same with my MP3 files, but I have seen that "mp3gain" applies the gain in the file (although it says that can be reverted). I suppose that the ideal situation would be only add tags with gain values so Banshee can interpret them. I have found that "foobar2000 for Windows" can do that.

Any suggestion and explanation? Thanks for your help.

Benjamin