Re: [Banshee-List] Google Summer of Code and Banshee

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
A bit more on my non-mentoring this year : I think good mentoring takes
time. Compared to last year, I'd have significantly less time for
mentoring. So I fear that if the student is just a little bit less
awesome than Neil was, the chances of getting that real success would be
quite low.

Thanks for all the nice things said, everyone. Bertrand, you were / are awesome too! :) As were all the Banshee maintainers who helped along the way. Everyone in the community is very helpful, so, GSoC students, there is no need to be shy.

I don't really have much to add except that for all prospective GSoC students out there:
If you want some help with the application process (I can give you my Banshee proposal as an example), need to hear some thoughts about my GSoC experience in general, or anything that you think might be useful to you as a GSoC student, feel free to contact me.

Also, you might be interested in viewing my blog at http://nlokos.blogspot.com. I blogged every few weeks about my progress, problems, etc.