From: Max Battcher <me worldmaker net>
Subject: Re: [Banshee-List] Comment and questions
To: banshee-list gnome org
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:19 PM

Dick Parker wrote:
> 1 )Does anyone know how to get my MJ8 to recognize my CD player and burner on Linux Mint?

Sounds like you should ask that on a Wine mailing list.

> 2) Based on the comments, questions, and problems posted on this Banshee List, I'm getting quite leery of switching to it. Is this list of problems representative of those running Banshee???

People don't typically post to mailing groups when things are working great. I use Banshee nearly every day, love it, and at this point wouldn't use any other media player on Linux.

If you pay attention you'll notice that most of the problems that get reported are for versions beginning in 1.5. Banshee follows an even/odd versioning scheme where odd versions (such as 1.5) are "unstable/testing" releases for the next even version (such as 1.6). They are stable enough to use everyday (I run the 1.5 series), but bugs are to be expected as the developers add new features.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net