Re: [Banshee-List] building banshee on ubuntu

On 03/12/2010 08:21 PM, "Andrés G. Aragoneses" wrote:
Look for gstreamer-devel and gstreamer-*-devel packages. Maybe in ubuntu
they're called "gst-*"?

I just discovered the source of the problem. I did not have the daily-build source repo in my apt sources. Apparently if, in Ubuntu, you add a PPA using the new syntax (ppa:banshee-team/banshee-daily) it does not add the source repo. So I added deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/banshee-daily/ubuntu karmic main and now i could do
sudo apt-get build-dep banshee
and i'm able to compile banshee with make!

Nice to know that you want to improve N900 support (I'll buy one soon).
Please keep us posted.
It really is a nice device :)

Jeroen

--