Re: [Banshee-List] Music library on network drive

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 11:07:59PM +0800, Memes wrote:
> I actually have it configured like this (all library on a NAS), but did not
> rip anything yet so can't tell if it is flawless.

Banshee is substantially more resiliant in this config than any other
free software library management music player out there.  I've put a
bunch through the ringer, and it generally works very well.

The easiest thing to do is setup the network access to look like a
local directory.  Then, point your library there.  I configure banshee
to never update any of my files or reorganize anything, but this is
partially for performance reasons.

If you use NFS with the fam service, you might be able to library
watching to work.  It doesn't scale with my library size, so I don't
know if it's pratical.

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross kallisti us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie