Re: [Banshee-List] Various Artists question

It could be the two versions of the ID3 tags in the MP3 (one app seeing
one and the other app writing the other). If the names were written in
the "Artist" field then the behaviour is expected, though.

Banshee groups by Album Artist and falls back to Artist if no Album
Artist exists. The way to do compilations (or tracks from one artist's
album that have guest artists on a single song) is to set the Artist for
each tract as appropriate (Bryan Adams for most, or Bryan Adams and Tina
Turner for track three) then set the Album Artist for the entire album
as whatever makes most sense (Bryan Adams in your case, or Various for
compilations). That should then use the tags appropriately and get
players that handle them properly (e.g. Banshee) to display what you want :)