[Banshee-List] making and maintaining a roadmap?

Hey everybody,

I recently blogged about the schedule for the upcoming releases
(http://gburt.blogspot.com/2010/01/banshee-release-schedule.html) and
got some feeback suggesting we maintain a Roadmap to make it easier
for others to have a sense of what's coming up.

We've used roadmaps a few times in the past, which has worked out
alright.  But it takes quite a bit of effort to maintain, it's often
duplication of what's in bugzilla or on the list.  And it can give
people an unreasonable expectation about when features might land,
when the reality is it's very uncertain - based on developers'
interest, time, etc.

Anybody have thoughts?  Anybody feel like stepping up and maintaining
such a document?  It could be in the form of a page on the website, or
it could be in the form of a series of blog posts, similar to
Bertrand's Pending Patches Periodicals, or perhaps something else.

All the best,

Gabriel