Re: [Banshee-List] how to switch off the "now playing" - sign?

If you are talking about the notification bubble that shows up when a track
changes, you can turn this off by right clicking on Banshee's icon in the
notification area (usually in the corner next to the clock) and unchecking
the box next to "Show Notifications."  Hope this helps!