Re: [Banshee-List] Cddb info for ripping CDS

I was using 1.5.0, installed from the Mandriva software
repository...however....

I have just updated this to 1.5.1 and tried inserting a few CDs which were
recognised and track titles displayed.

Looking on the Banshee website there is some good news under bug fixes for
this version

# Prevent endless "Searching for CD metadata..." (BGO #527788)

So it seems my problem has been solved, thanks for your reply because it
jolted me into looking for a newer version.

I have fairly recently switched to Linux and am still seeking out and trying
out Linux replacements for previous Windows software

Songbird does not yet rip CDs and I found it does not transfer all file data
from computer to iPod, particularly duration information, therefore you
could not skip through a track which was frustrating when listening to
lengthy podcats etc

Banshee does everything I need in transferring CDs to my iPod and keeping my
iPod in order, its a great find