Re: [Banshee-List] Problem with compilation albums

I had the same problem. You simply have to fill the tag "compilation abum artist" with various artists or something similar, and the album will be displayed as a single album with "various artists" in the album column, but every artist will still be listed in the artists column.

hope this helps
nxxs

ps: attached a screenshot pertaining to the relevant edit.

KeithCu wrote:
I'm having the same problem as below. My album browser has individual entries
for every song even though the album name is the same. (Note, I don't copy
my music over to the new structure if that matters.)

I read through the documentation and didn't find any way to fix this. I've
seen lots of people talk about the *artist* browser and how to handle that
with compilation albums, but I'm talking about the *album* browser.

Is it being looked into?

Thanks!

-Keith
-----

Gibdogg wrote:

citykid wrote:

I've just started using Banshee 1.0 under Ubuntu 8.04. I have imported by
music collection which was previously maintained by iTunes. All good,
except compilation albums appear in the Album Browser on the left with an
album icon for each song in the album:

 http://www.nabble.com/file/p17765989/Screenshot.png

you to "search, browse and manage even the largest music libraries without
batting an eye". How you're expected to do this with no support for
compilations is a mystery to me!</p>

otherwise...</p>

3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver Preview
Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver