Re: [Banshee-List] indexer???????

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 11:39 -0700, SomeIrishGuy wrote:
> I would like to know who thought it was a good idea to start an indexing
> program at login
>
> i would like to have some words with this person :D
>
> can some add this to the code base please
>
> // Lets not annoy the user by tying up the CPU at login
> System.threading.thread.sleep(300000); // sleep for 5 minutes

I guess you've seen a process with a name like "banshee --indexer" that
is started automatically at login ?

This process is started by an external program that wants to access the
content of the Banshee database through d-bus.
Some applications that might do that : gnome-do, tangerine, and probably
others.

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>