Re: [Banshee-List] Problem with compilation albums

And music I ripped just a few months ago has this problem, so I don't know what you mean about "tools with compilation support" handling this properly. I stick a CD into Ubuntu, rip it, and then import the directory into Banshee, and it isn't handled properly.

If you're ripping tool isn't filling all of the meta-data tags, then perhaps you should file a bug with that tool.