Re: [Banshee-List] Can the new Auto DJ feature pull similar tracks from Last.fm?

On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 18:46 -0700, amrhassan wrote:

> Christopher James Halse Rogers-3 wrote:

> >> Banshee
> >> considered?

> >> Actually git master has a Play Queue that can automatically fill itself
> >> based on
> >> criteria, as described in this thread.
> >
> > Yes, but those criteria do not include "Similarity" :).
> > I haven't looked into that part of the PlayQueue code; it really would
> > be good to hook mirage up into that combobox.

> Mirage uses a lot of CPU and way too much resources,

Not in my experience.  It's got a high up-front cost while it indexes
your music, but that's a once-only CPU hit.  After that, I find
Banshee's CPU utilisation to be indistinguishable with or without
mirage.

> I was thinking of
> simply pulling the similarity data fom Last.fm's API and use it to generate
> playlists, like it was on Amarok 1.4 and Exaile now.

That'd be interesting, too, although I tend to find mirage generates
better suggestions.