[Banshee-List] Optimize storing podcasts & slenderize db

Hi there,

I'm using Banshee 1.5.0 on Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10.

I always wondered why the file banshee.db is growing relatively fast
over the months although I do not add any music to the library even I
deleted some of it.

The database had 34MB by now. This is huge I think and causes a very
slow behaviour on my netbook.

I suspected the podcasts for the growing. I had subscriptions to about
20 of them. I deleted them all and made a db-tuning with

sqlite3 ~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db 'VACUUM;'

That shrinked the banshee.db file from 34MB to 22MB.

I have no idea how to do that, buy maybe you should consider to do some
optimization to the storage of podcast subscriptions to stop the
database file from constantly growing.

Also it would be a good idea to have a button or an option in banshee to
optimize the database from time to time without having to do that
manually in the terminal.

Kind regards,
Oliver