Re: [Banshee-List] proposal to adopt the GNOME release schedule

2009/11/21 Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com>:
> I think it would be valuable to Banshee as a project and community to
> adopt GNOME's release schedule.  We would put out big releases,
> intended to be picked up by various distros, on a six-month cycle.
> What do you think?

I think that's a really good idea. In fact I think we should have done
it earlier, for GNOME 2.28 and Banshee 1.6 -- It would prevent the
current confusion with 1.5.1 being somewhat semi-stable.

Aligning to the GNOME schedule will also make things easier for
translators, we will actually know when to string-freeze.