Re: [Banshee-List] Moodbar extension

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 16:39 -0700, X4lldux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> any one interested in helping me finding bugs in my Moodbar extension? You
> can find source here http://github.com/X4lldux/banshee-moodbar-extension .
> Moodbar support was the biggest thing I've missed from amarok. It can show
> when something interesting happens in song. It works by analyzing
> frequencies and then displaying the results in a form of colorful stripes.
>
> Screenshot: http://twitpic.com/n4bqu/full

Hi,

I had a quick look at your extension, and here are some comments :

1/ I had to mess around with Banshee.Moodbar/Banshee.Moodbar.csproj,
because my MonoDevelop (version 2.0) wouldn't load it. Which version of
MonoDevelop are you using ?

2/ Compilation gave me the two following errors :
<path>/Banshee.Moodbar/Banshee.Moodbar/Moodbar.cs(69,30): error CS1501:
No overload for method `Dispose' takes `0' arguments
<path>/Banshee.Moodbar/Banshee.Moodbar/Moodbar.cs(111,26): error CS1501:
No overload for method `Dispose' takes `0' arguments

Those Dispose methods are called on a Cairo.ImageSurface.
I have mono 2.4. Maybe a change in the API ?
After commenting out those lines, compilation succeded.

At this point, I realized I had to install the moodbar tool for it to
work, but I didn't have time to go any further.

I noticed the extension does the analysis by starting the moodbar in a
new process. I've also read that there's a moodbar plugin for GStreamer.
Do you think it would be possible to generate the "mood" data using only
GStreamer ?
Something similar to what is done in the Banshee.Bpm extension would be
nice.

If you need some space to host tarballs, or an issue tracker, I'd be
happy to give you access to
http://code.google.com/p/banshee-unofficial-plugins/

Keep up the good work !

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>