Re: [Banshee-List] Uncle Scott Wants YOU! To help out with UPnP support (Offensive Word Found In Message)

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 15:24 -0400, Scott Peterson wrote:
> There are also some interesting implementation questions: do we
> attempt to suck down the entire list of content on a UPnP server
> before displaying it to the user, or do we fetch it as-needed? Our
> ListView could conceptually handle the later, but blocking on a
> network request is a problem. Perhaps we could have some clever
> asynchronous solution.

The list model interfaces were designed to cope with situations like
this, so I don't see this as being a problem. The UPnP model would fetch
say 100 at a time, loading asynchronously. When a load is finished, the
model is reloaded and the new/old items are pulled from the local
database cache.

The difficult part will be searching/sorting when all the data has not
been pulled down from the server.

--Aaron