Re: [Banshee-List] BUG-Embedded album art not loading on successive songs

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 5:18 PM, dmbanshee<jodenmi yahoo com au> wrote:
> Well then what does all this mean ...."This forum is an archive for the
> mailing list: Banshee-list gnome org (mailing list options). Messages posted
> here will be sent to this mailing list.

It means what it says, that the forum is in fact just an interface to
a mailing list.

> Banshee is an open-source media player for Gnome. This mailing list is
> devoted to Banshee releases, development, and support
>
> It says FORUM, it says SUPPORT...You guys are so full of your own
> importance, instead of trying to help someone trying to use this software
> you just post stupid pedantic messages about its a "mailing list" not a
> forum.

To look at it from a different perspective, many of us are unpaid
volunteers.  We answer questions on the mailing list because we like
helping out.  But this doesn't mean that we won't get upset when
someone disregards netiquette, such as "don't spam mailing lists."

In my particular case, I didn't have an answer to your question, which
is why I did not respond to the first email I got from the list.  I
was not very happy to see it show up again in my inbox.  Why?  Because
I still didn't know the answer to your question.  Your "bump" did not
magically make me slap myself in the face and say "oh, of course, now
I know the answer!"

I would like to point out that my reply to your bump was intended to
be neutral in tone and read simply as "hey, don't do this, it's rude."
 It was not meant to be hostile, and was certainly not intended to
convey a sense of self-importance; rather, it was intended to inform
you that what you did was not appropriate on a mailing list so that
you may avoid making the same mistake in the future.

> If this is wo wrong to ask here WHY not just post the CORRECT place to ask
> these questions? Remember you all were newbies at one stage.

This is the right place to ask questions, but it is not the right
place to "bump" questions.  That was my only objection.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com