Re: [Banshee-List] Can't import files without filename extensions?

Aaron Bockover wrote:

> I am not sure why it would really be a good idea to (attempt) to handle
> files without an extension. Is it something that needs to be special
> cased because of the Rio Karma? We could add some API that allows
> consumers of DatabaseImportManager to either add more extensions to the
> white list, turn off that check altogether, or just always try to import
> files without an extension.
>
> --Aaron

Well, (last time I checked) Banshee didn't support the Karma directly as a
DAP, and so what I've been doing is a workaround for that drawback (easier
to mount the drive and import it as files than go through the other
libkarma/plugin/HAL rigamarole that may or may not work, which seems to be
still going on). I don't think there needs to be a special case for the
Karma (mine is close to the end of it's life anyway, and there can't be many
left out there).

Maybe I'll just give the Karma plugin stuff another try.  It didn't seem to
work out of the box for 1.4.  Was it ever able to play directly off of the
Karma, or does one just have to import everything?

-----
Jason M. SULLIVAN
jason0x21 gmail com