Re: [Banshee-List] Full vs Quick Library Rescans

Well, that podcast problem is just due to poor folder organization design.

There is nothing inherently wrong with offering a manual scan option,
even after Banshee gains automatic monitoring; if Banshee can rescan
automatically (and will be doing it automatically, in the next release
or so) then obviously it has the capability to do a scan at a time of
its own arbitrary choosing.  So why not my time?

It's not an admission; it's a practical necessity.  A lot of the
Amarok developers lament that even now their file monitoring scheme
isn't perfect and has some glaring problems, but they simply can't
come up with any better solution, so manual rescans are still
available.  Winamp on Windows also has that option.

There are two factors here:  when Banshee triggers a rescan, and what
it actually rescans.  The latter appears to have some problems, and
the former is inconveniently manual right now.  Doesn't Banshee allow
you to manually specify Podcast and Video directories?  (I never used
those features in Banshee 1.4, and I'm off Linux momentarily, so I
can't recall).