Re: [Banshee-List] Stopping playlist and resuming it goes to first song selected

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Flywaver <flywaver yahoo ca> wrote:

Chris, what I do is simply click any song in the library (not in a particular
playlist), make it play...once the song ends, banshee obviously goes to the
next song in the library, and so on.  After several songs played, if I click
STOP on my keyboard, banshee stops at the last song but if I click PLAY
again, banshee plays the first song I had selected, instead of continuing
where it stopped! (which works in WMP and iTunes on windows).

Does your keyboard have a "pause" button (or "play/pause" combo)? The behavior you're describing is, I believe, the expected behavior for most of the media playing apps on GNOME (not sure about KDE). "Pause" is meant to halt the player wherever it is, then "play" resumes from that point. "Stop" halts all playback, and the player starts back at the beginning of the library/playlist. You could use the GNOME keyboard shortcut preferences applet to map your "stop" button to the "pause" function if you want to use it in that manner.

Michael Knepher