[Banshee-List] able to stop using UI

Hi all, my first post here.

I'm using Banshee with a wonderful bluetooth headset that keeps most of the
noise at work out and most of my good thoughts in, hopefully :) I've been
using Rhythmbox and Banshee like this for at least two years now (my
server's down so I can't check the blog for the exact date my first entry
with notes on how to make it work nicely with gstreamer and bluez).
The issue I'm having is that when there's no way to stop (not pause) the
music from the UI - the bluetooth connection is kept up "forever", which
basically means that when I walk away to get papers from the copyprinter at
work, or run out to get take a phone call, go to the bathroom, get
coffe/water, ... - by the time I get back banshee is hanging trying to talk
to gstreamer which is trying to use a bluetooth connection which never
recovers. To get back from this I run (being on Ubuntu)
/etc/init.d/bluetooth restart and 1 time out of 10 banshee jumps back into
the game (guess it's a timeout timing issue). Most of the times, however,
I'm forced to killall banshee-1 and start over.

Alternative solutions:
a) Issuing banshee --stop from command line
b) Add a "Stop playback" option to the Playback menu (or a stop button,
perhaps disabled by default - recompiling is fine by me if it's just a
switch)
c) Add a bluetooth monitor daemon that executes banshee --stop whenever the
signal rate to my headset is below some threshold level

Option a won't help me when I need to go "now", having a terminal around all
the time where I'd be trying to type banshee --stop on my aspire acer one
keyboard isn't really "fast enough".
Option c will probably work and also is the approach I'm going for.
Option b however would be really nice to have.

I guess it's a similar story if you use a remote pulseaudio server as
"backend" (we had that setup at my previous work so everyone in the room
could stream music and hear (and mute music) when there were incoming calls)
- the "sound stream" is never really silent/stopped when banshee's paused.

Sincerely,

Fredrik Wendt