[Banshee-List] iPod Synch issue

Hope someone can help me out here.  The following issue is not unique with
Banshee as it also occured with gtkpod and Amarok.  I plug my iPod (5th gen
Video, 30 GB, A1136), Banshee recognizes it, I can add mp3 files (synches
properly) and I can play music on the ipod with Banshee.  I then eject the
device and when I try to play the song(s) on my ipod the song doesn't play.
In fact, the ipod will sit for a few moments and then advances to the next
song.

Also, when I used to use the ipod with iTunes, connecting the ipod would
bring up the usual "Do No disconnect" display which would then change to the
usual ipod menu.  With Banshee (and gtkpod and amarok) it stays on "do no
disconnect" until I eject the device.

I am uber linux/banshee n00b, so any help would very much appreciated.  FYI,
I am running LinuxMint 6 and Banshee 1.2.1.

Danke